Latest version: 0.16.1
(require Firefox 57+)
- After installing the add-on you have to enter URL and credentials of your pod in the Preferences.
From here you can also choose a theme for the publisher: Original (default, light) or Dark.
- Get your aspects
- The dropdown menu to select aspects initially contains only the default items: Public and All-aspects. Use the button Get Aspects to update it with all your aspects.
- The conventional use is via the context menu item (Share this content) that allows you to add the markdown representation of the content chosen within the publisher. But you can also simply open the publisher
and enter whatever you want.
- The context menu
- The list of contexts in which the menu item will appear:
- Displayed when you context-click an image in the page.
if the image is wrapped with an anchor, the link is preserved.
- Displayed when you context-click a selection of text in the page.
a selection of text can be added whitin the publisher along with other content.
- select some text and context-click an image
- select some text and context-click a video
- select some text and context-click a link.
- Displayed when you context-click a link in the page.
this is the only element added within the publisher without the page title and the page URL.
- Displayed when you context-click html5 audio/video elements in the page.
diaspora has added support for embedding html5 audio/video from version 0.7.4.0.
Also note that this fails on html5 videos from Youtube. Look at the note below to know on how to add the media URL from Youtube and other media sharing sites.
- Displayed when you context-click the page. This refers to click on any place in the page but not on other contexts. Allows you to add the page title and page link within the publisher.
this can also be used to share all those resources - from media sharing sites as Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud or Twitter - that are embedded posting their URL.
What to click in this pages:
- Youtube: in the video page, context-click anywhere but not the video or other contexts.
- Vimeo: in the video page, context-click the video.
- Soundcloud: in the track page, context-click the player.
- Twitter: open a tweet and context-click anywhere but not on other contexts.
- The tags input box
- An input box to insert tags at the end of the post in a quick way: without the hash, separating them with a comma, and with or without spaces between them.
But of course, you can also enter tags directly within the publisher.
Issues, Bugs, Suggestions
- Licensed under The MIT License (MIT).